Thursday, December 18, 2008

Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - Release it for PC Please!!!

I loved playing Mortal Kombat 4 some years back - it was real fun with all the combo moves and the various Fatality finishes. I particularly loved the characters and the storyline - Raiden, Sub Zero, Scorpion and the 4 handed Goro!

When I saw the ad for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe, I was thrilled since I am a BIG fan of The Justice League cartoons as well (Batman is my all time favorite!).
I was closely following the press releases and stuff and was hoping to play it sometime. I am a PC gamer, I do not have any gaming console nor do I intend to buy one. IT is a big investment, besides I also need to have a decent television as a display panel which is a bit complicated for me to get at this point. I am not sure if I can use my LCD desktop monitor to connect an Xbox, I would probably think of buying it then.

Anyways, in one of the releases Midway announced that the game was not planned to be released for PC, and broke my heart! I am now watching all the videos available in youtube and hoping to wake up some day and see them release it for PC.

I was surprised that they went against a PC version, because the game uses the Unreal engine, which I is PC based. Also I am sure, there would not be a dent on the margin if they want to convert it for PC either by means of profit.
I doubt if there are any emulators at all and in a way I think it would be absurd to have an emulator for an XBox 360, since it is by itself a PC.

Almost all of the Superhero games I have seen are dumb and are more like puzzles, and I am sure nothing else can be as brutal as this game, simply because of its plain fighting console style approach.

PLEASE Midway release it for PC too!!!

No comments: